World of Tanks Blitz Available Now To Download On E-shop Now
Free to Play title ‘World of Tanks: Blitz’ was announced for the Nintendo Switch through a surprise Partner Showcase Direct Mini yesterday. Even more of a surprise for Nintendo fans, the game was available to download near enough straight after the showcase had finished.
World of Tanks: Blitz originally released back in May 2014 and was a spin-off to the original World of Tanks title with faster gameplay. ‘Blitz’ sees you compete in 7 on 7 competitive death-match scenarios. Winning comes from either destroying the other teams’ tanks or by capturing the control point in the middle of the map.
Downloading the game now through the Nintendo e-shop will get you access to a free ‘Welcoming Gift’. The gift provides you with;
- IIT2 Medium Tank
- Garage slot
- 3 days of Premium Account
- Blitz On! Epic avatar
The game is available on iOS, Android, Steam, MacOS and now Switch. All platforms have access to cross-play, so it shouldn’t be hard to find players to play against.
Read the list of features available for Nintendo Switch on the below and on the World of Tanks Blitz website;
- Console support: the game is supported on both versions of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite.
- Controls: Joy-Con in battle and Garage; touch in Garage. The game also supports G-sensor aiming while in sniper mode. The game is fully compatible with Nintendo Pro Controller, including G-sensor aiming.
- Display modes: tablet — 720p, 30 FPS; TV — 1080p, 30 FPS.
- Game account: Wargaming ID — you can play on Nintendo Switch using your existing Wargaming ID and access your Blitz account on any platform. Nintendo Account — you can play using only your Nintendo Account or you can link it to your Wargaming ID in the game client.
- Cross-platform matchmaking: by default, Nintendo Switch owners play with users of any platform. Enable the “Same control mode” option in settings to exclude PC/Mac players and play only with other players using Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS.
Did you download World of Tanks: Blitz on release? What do you think of the gameplay on the Nintendo Switch? Let us know below in the comments.