Sales of Nintendo Switch Still Going Strong in Japan
The Nintendo Switch family is having a good run of sales in Japan at the moment, with the Switch family selling over 300,000 units in the first couple of weeks of August.
According to reports from ‘Famitsu’, the Nintendo Switch family sold an estimated 322,037 units from Aug 3 – Aug 16 2020. To put this in perspective with other current-gen consoles available in Japan. The PS4 family (slim & pro) sold a combined 8,523, 3DS family (3DS & 2DS LL/XL) sold a combined 2,007, while the Xbox family (One S & One X) sold 94.
Moving over to software sales over in Japan. Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold 214,070 units over the same time period, holding on to number 1 spot for software sales. Number 2 in software was taken by Ring Fit Adventure, which sold 93,148. While number 3 was taken by the PS4 exclusive Ghosts of Tsushima, which sold an estimated 47,083.
The Nintendo Switch’s software sales took 8 of the top 10 places, which would indicate that the Nintendo Switch sales will continue to look good in the future. Or at least until the announcement of the PS5’s price and release date.
See the full list of sales below.
Hardware Sales JAPAN : August 3 to August 16, 2020
- Switch – 259,765
- Switch Lite – 62,272
- PlayStation 4 – 6,773
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 1,750
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 1,914
- New 3DS LL – 93
- Xbox One X – 55
- Xbox One S – 39
Software Sales: JAPAN August 3 to August 16, 2020
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 214,070
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 93,148
- [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima – 47,083
- [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 44,854
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 41,895
- [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King – 40,067
- [NSW] eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2020 – 31,895
- [PS4] Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON – 28,243
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 22,482
- [NSW] Pokemon Sword / Shield – 22,450