Animal Crossing: New Horizons Retains Topspot in Sales Charts
Another week, another sales charts from Japan showing the world just how much they love Animal Crossing over there.
Famitsu released the game’s sales charts for the week ending August 23, with 9 of the top 10 being Nintendo Switch games.
Animal Crossing took the top spot with an estimated 42,000 sales for the week, the second was Ring Fit Adventure with an estimated 30,000 units sold. The only game to make it into the top 10 that wasn’t a Switch title was Ghost of Tsushima for the PS4, which came in third with 17,000 units sold.
Overall Nintendo’s platform took 26 of the top 30 places in the sales chart. You can find the full Japanese sales chart here.
- [SWITCH] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 42.863
- [SWITCH] Ring Fit Adventure – 30.689
- [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima – 17.037
- [SWITCH] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 14.290
- [SWITCH] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13.862
- [SWITCH] eBaseball Powerful Pro Baseball 2020 – 9.522
- [SWITCH] Paper Mario: The Origami King – 9.384
- [SWITCH] Pokémon Sword and Shield – 8.016
- [SWITCH] Splatoon 2 – 7.459
- [SWITCH] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 7.230